Roast Pork with Honey Cinnamon Apples
- 1/2 cup Pure Peninsula Stringy Bark Honey
- 2kg boneless roast pork shoulder
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3 pink lady apples, cored and sliced thinly
- 5 tbs butter
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Remove pork from packaging and discard netting. Place pork on a large greased baking tray.
- Pat skin very dry with paper towels. Score the skin and coat with a generous amount of oil and rub with salt.
- Roast for 1 hour or until skin is golden and crisp.
- Remove pork from the oven. Using a large spoon, carefully skim and discard any excess fat from tray. Reduce oven temperature to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Bake for a further 45 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Once done, cover the pork loosely with foil and rest for 20 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, melt the butter and Pure Peninsula Stringy Bark Honey in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced apples and thyme. Cook, turning often, for 10-12 mins or until tender. Sprinkle over cinnamon.
- Slice pork and serve with delicious apples. Drizzle pan juices and remaining honey and cinnamon liquid over pork.