- 2 Butternut Pumpkins halved (available from our Moorooduc farm shop)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2tsp olive oil
- 750g baby spinach washed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the halved pumpkins into a deep roasting dish and season with salt.
- Pour the water into the dish and cover with foil. Cook the pumpkins for 30-45 minutes or until soft.
- To make the creamed spinach, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in the flour and then pour in the milk. Once the sauce is smooth add the cream.
- Allow to simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat and cool for 10-15 minutes before adding the mozzarella cheese.
- Once the pumpkin has roasted, scoop out the seeds. Spoon the creamed spinach into the hollows of each pumpkin and top with parmesan cheese. (Optional: top with breadcrumbs)
- Place the dish back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!