Honey Pizza Dough
- 1 tsp Local Flora Honey
- 1 1/4 cups - warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp Pure Peninsula Olive Oil (Sold at the Farm shop)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- Combine 1/4 cup of the warm water, yeast and honey in a large bowl. Stir to blend.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining 1 cup of water, olive oil, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour, and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 to 21/2 cups of flour, stirring until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for about 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic, adding as much extra flour as needed to keep the dough from being too sticky. The dough is adequately kneaded with it springs back when poked with a finger.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large, oiled bowl. Turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down the dough and divide and shape. If not using the dough right away, punch it down, cover lightly with cling wrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.